Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day 2010

We went to Walmart today and after putting away all the
groceries there was a huge pile of plastic sacks covering
the entire kitchen. So I decided Manni and I needed to
do a little Earth Day project. . . .

I had all of these cute mini T-shirts (from college) in the
Goodwill pile that I can't wear anymore after losing my
flat tummy and finding countless stretch marks.
(Thank you Manni & Soren)
So, we sewed my shirts into reusable shopping bags. Just
sew your T-shirt closed along the bottom edge and then
cut the sleeves off and widen the neck hole. You don't
have to sew the raw edges on the T-shirts if it is the type
of knit that rolls when you stretch it. I actually let Manni
(3 years old) help me sew the bottom closed. He was
ecstatic about learning to use the sewing machine.

This is a way better use of my cute T-shirts than sending
them off to the Goodwill. Now I get to use them forever!

5 comments:

the paul said...

Must. Have. Rosie the Riveter shopping bag.

trevorteusc said...

Sandi, you are so clever! So many fun projects! Cute boys, too!

Lori said...

GREAT IDEA! Too bad I already got rid of my rosie the riveter t-shirt. but now I know what to do with the rest.

Dr. A said...

What a great idea!

Unknown said...

fun! i'm glad you have a blog so i can stalk you guys better!