Wednesday, January 27, 2010

He finally arrived!

After walking countless miles in Walmart, Homedepot,
and Target I finally went into labor 5 days over due on
Jan. 18th at 1am. Hooray!
Scott got up at 4am to set up the birth room
12 hours later we had our baby Soren Lee. I am so glad
that we opted for the home birth so I could relax in the
birth pool through many of those long hours. The water
made the labor a lot more manageable. He was a very big
boy and wanted to start nursing as soon as Scott cut the
umbilical cord.



Soren Lee Fernandez
This little boy was HUGE!
Born at 4:38 pm Jan 18th 2010
8 lbs 14.5 oz, 20in
(the five extra days really helped fatten him up!)
We went to pick up Mannix from our friend Diane's house
and took Soren along for the ride. This is Manni's first
look at his little brother. He was so excited to have his
little brother but mostly he just wanted to go home to
get his brand new train set!
Manni did great at Diane's
house and only cried once. Diane thought he was feeling
lonely but he had actually just accidentally spilled yogurt
on the carpet and was feeling terrible for making a mess!
Diane sent us home with birthday gifts me and Soren
and dinner too. What a great friend! Thanks Diane!
As soon as we got home we started getting out trains.
Mannix was VERY happy. That was a LONG wait for
a 3 year old.
Later I was relaxing with Soren in the recliner and Mannix
came over to check out what we were doing. I asked Manni
if he wanted to hold Soren and he ran off saying "Just a
minute." When he came back he had a favorite Thomas book
that he wanted to read to Soren. I think this will work out
great between the brothers.
This is Christine our midwife getting
Soren's footprints on his birth certificate.
Scott was so amazing through the entire labor and delivery.
He didn't leave my side except once to take the dog outside.
(those were hard contractions without him)
After it was all said and done he needed as much R&R as I
did. I think it is stressful watching your wife labor hour after
hour. Here he is admiring our new little boy.

4 comments:

Lori said...

What sweet boys, don't you love seeing them together? Good work, and congratulations to the both of you. Your new little family member is so adorable!

Marilyn said...

Sandi, he's so beautiful!! What sweet boys! I'm so happy for you. My favorite is the last picture with Scott and Soren. I hope you get lots of sleep and enjoy that sweet cuddly baby! Congratulations!

Liz Adams said...

Congratulations! What a cutie! It's great to see you blogging again. I'm hoping you'll keep it up mommy of 2!

Aurelia said...

So glad I found out about your blog from facebook! Congrats on your newest addition. We love the name Soren. Jon has a cousin with that name. Miss y'all in Lubbock!