Friday, January 15, 2010

When are you going to be here Soren?

My Estimated due date was Jan 13th and still no baby yet.
This is me at 40 weeks + 2days.
I've had tons of contractions for a week or more
but they all eventually fizzle out.
When is this baby going to finally come out?


I've been trying to keep busy while waiting for baby.
At 38 weeks pregnant I started this baby quilt for Soren.
I was worried that I wasn't going to
finish it before the baby came. . .
little did I know that I had PLENTY of time to finish it!

My second project was to finish a patchwork quilt that
I've been holding onto for over a decade.
Nana hand pieced the front together and then I
machine quilted it to a yellow checked sheet.
It turned out darling! It's my new favorite blanket
and so soft with the sheet backing.

Scott drew this mural on Manni's cupboard before he was born
and it sat halfway finished for the last 3 years.
It's amazing what waiting for a new baby and a Christmas break
from college can motivate people to finish up!


When Soren is born we are going to give Manni a

wooden train set. He is completely wild for trains

and can't wait to get his hands on his very own train set.

(I'm hoping this will provide me with tons of great

breatfeeding time). We decided that a train table

would be smart so the baby doesn't mess with his train

or block projects. Scott and Mannix built this together

while I was working on Nana's quilt.

3 comments:

Tiffani and Nate said...

I was wondering if you'd had that baby yet! I was the same way the week or two before . . . got TONS of stuff done! Good luck!

bookmom said...

You are so cute pregnant! Love the beautiful quilts and beautiful stitching. We're waiting for our phone call....

Lori said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one, and Soren is such a cute name.